The BJP Thursday said The Indian Express report, which revealed how the official heading the Home Ministry probe into “missing documents” in the Ishrat Jahan encounter case tutored a witness, does not absolve former home minister P Chidambaram.
BJP national secretary Sidharth Nath Singh said that Congress has been making every attempt to “dilute the fact that Ishrat Jahan was a terrorist, be it the change in the second affidavit, the conspiracy to bring four IB officers under CBI investigation or torturing an under secretary.”
- The Ishrat damage
- Ishrat Jahan missing papers: The Indian Express report on ‘tutoring’ witness doesn’t absolve P Chidambaram of his role, says BJP
- Ishrat Jahan row: Sonia and Rahul did not intervene, BJP trying to mislead, says Congress
- Ishrat Jahan case: BJP cites role of Chidambaram, Manmohan Singh in changing affidavit
- In poll season, Ishrat, Afzal Guru issues give BJP ‘shot in the arm’
- Centres rewrite: Never justified Ishrat killing but let probe go on
“Unfortunately Congress feels that one newspaper story has given them another springboard to prove that Ishrat Jahan had no LeT links. It doesn’t absolve P Chidambaram’s role in changing the second affidavit and the Congress trade-off of national security vis-a-vis their political interest,” he said. Shrikant Sharma, BJP national secretary, said there were many “evidence” to prove that Ishrat was a terrorist.