As part of International Yoga Day celebrations, the Panjab University (PU), Chandigarh, will organise a yoga camp at PU Cricket Ground from 7am to 8 am Tuesday.
The entry to the camp will be open for all students, teachers, alumni, their family members and general public as a whole, said a PU spokesperson.
Moreover, those who got registered for the Capitol Complex event but have yet not been issued an ID card can also attend the camp. Large number of participants from PU, DAV colleges and other affiliated colleges are likely to participate in the camp.
- Smriti Irani to attend yoga day event in Chandigarh
- Panjab University Alumni body gives away 67 scholarships, honorary membership to toppers
- Panjab University to hold 2 yoga sessions on campus daily
- International Yoga Day: 3,000 take part at Panjab varsity
- Chandigarh: Selection process for Yoga day celebrations an eyewash, say residents
- International Yoga Day at Chandigarh: Only 1,600 from public find place in main event
As many as 3,000 participants from PU is expected to participate in the event. As many as 1,000 participants would attend the event at the allocated Capitol Complex while 1,000 participants would be on reserve and another 1,000 would perform yoga at PU Cricket Ground.
Since May, the University has been organising six yoga training camps daily, which was attended by a large number of participants. Dean Student Welfare, Professor Navdeep Goyal and Honorary Director Centre for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Dr Harish would lead the first team while Director Sports Dr Parminder would lead the second group of 1,000 participants.