A DAY before Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Chandigarh to attend the Yoga Day event, Congress celebrated Monday what it called ‘International Jumla Day’.
Hundreds of party workers gathered at Nehru Park in Sector 22 and performed, albeit symbolically, “asanas” that highlighted the “failures” of the Modi government. The workers enacted ‘black money asana’, ‘berozgari asana’, ‘Lalit Modi asana’, ‘petrol and diesel asana’ as passersby cheered them on .
Other ‘asanas’ included those of dhan ghotala, ration, dollar asana and service tax. Congress MP Pawan Kumar Bansal and Congress chief Pardeep Chhabra and other councillors also joined the workers in the act.
- Shilpa Shetty’s latest yoga video is just what you need for inspiration
- Kolkata celebrates Yoga Day
- French embassy staff turn out in strength on International Yoga Day
- International Yoga Day: It wasn’t always about just asanas and fitness
- Congress leaders perform ‘Shavasan’ to highlight farmers’ plight
- Now, Chandigarh PGIMER to include yoga in nursing course
In order to mock the NDA government over the high prices of tomatoes, Congress workers rubbed the vegetable on their cheeks, claiming they have now become dearer than facial creams.
In another act, workers were seen seeking loans from friends to show how inflation has affected the poor.
Claiming that the Modi-led government has not managed to fulfil even a single promise it made before the elections, Chhabra said instead of trying to control price rise, the Centre is busy organising yoga events to divert the attention of the people from burning issues. “The traders, employees, workers all are unhappy with the government. Even facial creams are cheaper than tomatoes,” said Chhabra.