At least six Maoists were killed in a gunbattle with police near the border of Telangana’s Khammam district and neighbouring Chhattisgarh state in the early hours on Tuesday, police said.
The exchange of fire took place between a team of Greyhounds — Telangana’s anti-Naxal force — and the rebels in a forest area bordering Chhattisgarh, a senior intelligence official from Telangana Police said.
- Bijapur encounter: Six women among 8 Maoists killed
- Six women among eight Maoists killed in Bijapur encounter
- Gadchiroli: Naxal body count now 37, police laid an ambush, and waited
- Chhattisgarh encounter: Bodies of Naxals flown to hospital; identification underway
- Chhattisgarh: 10 Maoists, one constable killed in encounter in Pujarikanker forest
- 10 Maoists, Greyhound commando killed in encounter in Chhattisgarh forest
“At least six Maoists were killed in the encounter with police on Khammam-Chattisgarh border in wee hours today,” he said.
Six bodies have been recovered and the identification process is on, he said.
Eight weapons have been recovered from the site, he said.
Combing operation is on in the forest area, he added