A TDP corporator from Vijayawada, was booked for allegedly misbehaving with a woman passenger on board an Air-India flight while travelling from Delhi to Hyderabad, police said on Saturday.
According to a complaint by the 35-year-old woman, she had boarded the flight on Friday from Delhi in which the corporator Ummadi Venkateswara Rao was sitting beside her. He allegedly misbehaved with her and tried to touch her, RGI Police Station Inspector T Sudhakar said.
- Watch: Telangana local body chief ‘kicks’ woman in chest over land dispute
- Case registered against IIM Rohtak director for alleged sexual assault
- IIM-Rohtak director Dheeraj Sharma booked for sexual harassment
- Air India air hostess accuses pilot of molesting her onboard
- Video goes viral: Man ‘assaults, molests’ woman friend in moving train, arrested
- Ashram school superintendent booked for molestation
“The woman brought the matter to the notice of the flight crew and they changed the corporator’s seat. After the aeroplane landed at RGI Airport, she complained to AI officials and security personnel and later lodged a complaint with police,” Sudhakar said.
A case under section 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) of IPC has been registered against the corporator, the police officer said.
By the time the complaint was lodged, the flight which was scheduled for Gannavaram (Vijayawada) via Hyderabad had departed and Rao left in that, he said adding, investigation is underway.