At least 30 people were killed and dozens others were injured during Holi celebrations in Uttar Pradesh in the past two days.
Violent incidents were reported from across the state as the police failed to avert the sudden firings, clashes between groups and drunken driving.
As many as 19 people were killed in Lucknow alone in group clashes, road accidents because of drunken driving.
- Uttar Pradesh: Cops drag thief down a hospital corridor in Moradabad, suspended
- Saharanpur Cops: Bheem Army district chief’s brother killed in accidental firing
- 7 killed in accidents, 16 hurt in clashes on Holi in UP
- Eight killed in mishaps in Delhi on Holi, lowest since 2007
- 10 killed in separate mishaps on Holi
- UP panchayat polls: 3 dead,many hurt in violence across 17 dists
Two people also died in group clashes in Madiaon and Gosaiganj areas, while over 40 people were injured in accidents and clashes.
Police use fire station vehicle to celebrate Holi
— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) March 25, 2016
At least 10 Uttar Pradesh policemen in Moradabad were seen driving around in a fire station vehicle on Holi day. Few policemen were seen using the vehicle’s hose to spray water at Holi revelers on the streets.