At least 14 people, including six women and two children, were killed and 40 injured when a private bus skidded off the road and rolled into a deep gorge near Chaura dam in Dalhousie area of Himachal Pradesh’s Chamba district Friday .
Sources said the bus was on its way from Sangani to Dalhousie when the accident happened.
- Uttarakhand: 14 killed, 17 injured as bus falls into gorge in Tehri
- Uttarakhand accident: At least 48 killed as bus falls into a gorge in Pauri district
- Kannauj bus accident: Six students, teacher mowed down on Agra-Lucknow expressway
- Himachal Pradesh: 8 killed, 21 injured as bus rolls down gorge in Shimla
- Himachal Pradesh: 14 killed, 15 injured in two accidents
- Himachal: 14 killed in separate road accidents in Shimla and Sirmaur
Survivors told police that the driver was talking on his cellphone while driving when the accident happened. The driver too died. There were more than 50 passengers in the 48-seater bus. “Seven persons died on the spot, while the others succumbed to their injuries later,” said Ajay Prashar, sub-divisional magistrate, Shalooni. ens