THE HUSBAND of a village pradhan Saturday filed a complaint with the police alleging he was “humiliated and publicly insulted” by BJP MP Hema Malini.
Bhagwan Singh, husband of Mantmula village’s pradhan Bhagwati Devi, alleged that the MP, who was visiting Banshivat in her constituency Mathura on Friday, called him to complain about the illegal felling of trees in a small forest nearby.
- Trilokpuri again: 10 men held after stone pelting, communal tension escalated
- 2 PCR calls went out from airhostess home last month
- To bring wife back from Muscat, man moves women’s commission
- Munna Bajrangi murder case: Wife names former BSP Dhananjay Singh, he denies charge
- Vinod Kambli, wife allegedly assault singer Ankit Tiwari’s father over ‘inappropriate touch’
- 10-year-old’s rape inside Madrasa: Maulvi held, his Ghaziabad home vandalised by mob
Singh claimed the MP started shouting at him and even questioned how his wife was elected.
“She asked about the reasons behind the felling of trees. I told her that I had complained to the authorities on the occasion of Tehsil Diwas but she did not listen and called me ‘naalayak’ and asked who made my wife the pradhan. She told me, ‘badtameez, you are not fit to even be a peon’,” Singh alleged.
Mant police station in-charge Durgesh Kumar said he has received the complaint.