THE HUSBAND of a village pradhan Saturday filed a complaint with the police alleging he was “humiliated and publicly insulted” by BJP MP Hema Malini.
Bhagwan Singh, husband of Mantmula village’s pradhan Bhagwati Devi, alleged that the MP, who was visiting Banshivat in her constituency Mathura on Friday, called him to complain about the illegal felling of trees in a small forest nearby.
- Rahul Gandhi taunts PM Modi over MJ Akbar, tells MP voters ‘Beti bachao from BJP leaders’
- Gujarat rape backlash: Fearing for lives after mob attacks, UP, MP and Bihar migrants flee
- Punjab: Wife, three others held for AAP candidate’s murder
- A 19-yr-old travels 900 km with husband to catch online abuser
- Gujarat: Deputy sarpanch among seven held for death of Dalit sarpanch’s husband
- Hema Malini: I can become chief minister anytime, but not interested
Singh claimed the MP started shouting at him and even questioned how his wife was elected.
“She asked about the reasons behind the felling of trees. I told her that I had complained to the authorities on the occasion of Tehsil Diwas but she did not listen and called me ‘naalayak’ and asked who made my wife the pradhan. She told me, ‘badtameez, you are not fit to even be a peon’,” Singh alleged.
Mant police station in-charge Durgesh Kumar said he has received the complaint.