With the proposed Jat agitation set to start tomorrow, Sonipat District Magistrate K Makarand Pandurang on Saturday issued order banning mobile internet service in the district with effect from Saturday.
The ban would be effective till further orders. The District Magistrate said that there were chances that mobile internet services might be used to spread wrong information and rumours.
He said that these services could also be used in illegal activities such as blocking roads, highways and railway tracks, damaging government property and disrupting essential services and supply of food.
- Mobile internet services suspended in half of Haryana ahead of two caste rallies
- Jats observe ‘Black Day’, protests remain peaceful
- Jat quota stir: Curfew around rail lines, roads: Haryana ‘ready’
- Jats begin fresh quota stir as Haryana goes on alert
- Jat agitation: 55 paramilitary forces deployed, Haryana police on alert
- Haryana on brink of Jat agitation, police say protests are peaceful
He said that all telecom service providers have been directed to strictly abide by these orders.
Meanwhile, Rohtak District Administration has issued notices to four persons for violating prohibitory under under Section 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code imposed in the district by pitching tents for ‘dharna’ without permission of the competent authority.
Rohtak Deputy Commissioner, Atul Kumar said that notices have been issued to former Sarpanch of village Rithal, Umed Singh, Sombir Singh, resident of village Jasiya, Ashok Balhara of Dev Colony and Vijaydeep of Rohtak, for pitching tents near Kanhi Chowk in village Jasiya, for which permission was not sought from the administration.
They have been directed to remove the tents immediately and asked for clarification within two days.
He said that the ground in Sector 6 had been earmarked for the dharna and restriction had been imposed on gathering of five or more persons within 500 metres of all national and state highways, railway lines and stations and connecting roads in the district.