The official website of Odisha’s oldest university, Utkal University, was Tuesday hacked for the second time in a week forcing officials to shut down the e-admission process.
Although it wasn’t clear if the hackers stole any information, the website was defaced and the page showed a group called ‘Pak Cyber Attackers’ to be responsible for the attack.
Vice Chancellor Ashok Das said his officials deactivated the server after the website was found vandalised.
- FireEye denies breaking into Chinese military hackers
- DTE Maharashtra MCA Admission 2018: Registration begins, check details
- DU admission Day 1: Another year of technical glitches, say students
- FBI may have disrupted major cyber attack on Ukraine
- DU admissions 2018 Updates: Online admission process begins at du.ac.in
- TS DOST admission 2018 to begin at dost.cgg.gov.in
Utkal University PG Council chairman Ranjan Kumar Bal said that after the attack, the university has decided to conduct offline admissions this year. “Instead of logging onto the e-admission website, the candidates have to buy the form from the university.
Submission of the form, admit card will be issued instantly. We have also extended the last date for accepting applications form to June 7 from May 14,” he said.
The entrance examinations will now be conducted between June 19 and June 28.