- FIFA 2018 World Cup Final: Putin shows he's the boss, gets an umbrella while others get drenched
- Amazon Prime Day 2018 LIVE UPDATES: amazon.in best smartphone offers on iPhone X to OnePlus 6 and Samsung Note 8
- Should the Army have taken Rahul Gandhi along while carrying out surgical strikes, asks Manohar Parrikar
The minor girl, who had accused former Goa minister Atanasio Monserratte of rape, has been admitted to the Institute of Psychiatry and Human Behaviour (IPHB) from the state-run protection home due to her “abnormal behaviour”, a senior police official said.
The 16-year-old girl, who was lodged in the protection home near Panaji, after she filed the case against Monserratte, an expelled Congress MLA, was referred to IPHB after the management of the home complained about her abnormal behaviour, said the official attached to Crime Branch.
- Delhi: Couple held for enslaving help, inviting men to rape her
- 12-year-old girl delivers baby girl, rape case registered
- Rape accused Goa MLA undergoes psychiatric test
- Goa rape case: Police launch search for another accused
- Goa MLA Atanasio Monserratte arrested for allegedly raping minor
- Rape of minor by Goa MLA Babush Monserrate: Police records victim’s statement
On May 5, Monserratte was arrested after the girl complained that she was purchased by him (from her mother) at Rs 50 lakh and was raped thereafter.
“The girl has been kept under observation. We are monitoring her behaviour. The details cannot be disclosed about the case as it amounts to breach of privacy of the patient,” a senior doctor from IPHB said.
The girl was admitted to the institute last evening and kept under tight police protection as Monserratte is already out on bail.
Crime Branch had arrested mother of the victim and another woman for human trafficking. All are out on bail currently.
Monserratte, who represents St Cruz constituency, had refused his involvement in the case claiming that the entire episode was a “political conspiracy” against him.
He said the victim, who was working in the lifestyle showroom owned by him, was dismissed from services for stealing cash.