- Xiaomi Poco F1 launch Live Updates: Poco F1 with 6.18-inch notched display, Snapdragon 845 unveiled
- Kerala floods LIVE updates: Chief Ministers Distress Relief Fund has received Rs 210 cr so far, says Thomas Isaac
- Asian Games 2018 Live Streaming Day 4 Live Score and Updates: Ankita Raina confirms medal; Indian hockey team dominating Hong Kong
Goa Congress on Saturday demanded the resignation of Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar accusing him of being involved in the beach cleaning scam.
“Parulekar has his hands dirty in the beach cleaning scam. He should be divested of his portfolio,” Congress Goa spokesperson Yatish Naik told at a press conference. Congress leader Trajano D’Mello was also present.
Congress’ demand comes in the wake of a complaint by Independent legislator Rohan Khaunte to Lokayukta alleging Parulekar’s involvement in the scam pertaining to beach- cleaning contract awarded to certain private companies.
Following the complaint, state tourism ministry had announced that the contract with the beach cleaning firm in question would be discontinued. Raising another issue, D’Mello alleged that the Tourism Master Plan being pushed in haste is another scam in the offing.
Tourism Department had recently invited suggestions and objections for the tourism master plan which would give direction to the future of the industry in the state.
“The Detailed Project Report (of tourism master plan) has been kept open from August 26 for a period of 15 days for suggestions/objections of people after which it will be finalised. And it is the peak important Hindu festival of the year,” he said referring to onset of 10-day long Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations across the state.
“What is the justification of this urgency? Tourism Master Plan has to be looked into thoroughly,” he added.
He said Congress demands the time period for suggestions/objections for the master plan to be extended. When contacted, Parulekar rubbished the allegations.
“We have already discontinued the contract with the beach cleaning firm, where is the question of anyone being involved in the scam,” he asked.
The minister said enough time is given to people to raise their objections or suggestions on tourism master plan.