An RJD legislator in Bihar on Wednesday demanded death penalty for those accused of fatally injuring his sister by throwing her out of a running auto-rickshaw after she resisted their molestation bid.
Saroj Yadav, Rashtriya Janata Dal legislator from Barhara assembly in Bhojpur district, also demanded action against superintendent of police of Bhojpur for alleged police failure to act against the accused.
“The accused deserve death penalty. I demand that the state government ensure that they get death penalty. It will be true justice to me and my family. I have faith that the government will do everything,” Saroj Yadav told the media.
- RJD leader Tej Pratap Yadav denies rift in family, alleges BJP hacked his Facebook page
- Bihar: RJD eyes BSP, CPI(ML) tie-up to keep BJP at bay
- RJD leaders booked for forcing minor gang rape victim to narrate her ordeal: Bihar Police
- On Lalu Prasad Yadav’s 70th birthday: Tracing his journey from being Bihar CM to fodder scam convict
- Who is Aishwarya Rai?
- Bihar: Two surrender in RJD MLA’s sister’s death case
Senior RJD leader and former chief minister Rabri Devi also demanded justice for the victim.
“The state government should act tough to provide justice to the victim,” she said.
Saroj Yadav’s sister Shail Devi died at the Patna Medical College and Hospital on Tuesday.
According to police, four to five people misbehaved with her and tried to sexually assault Shail Devi while she was on way to a doctor in Bhojpur last Saturday.
“When she resisted their attempt, she was assaulted and thrown out of the running auto-rickshaw,” police said.