Clad in a white kurta, BJP MP Mahiesh Girri lay on the stage outside Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal’s house. Other BJP leaders joined the MP on his hunger strike against the CM and hit out at the AAP government.
Rajya Sabha MP from Rajasthan Vijay Goel said, “Kejriwal sent Gopal Rai to my house when I said I would violate the odd-even rule. Now, after levelling baseless allegations, he can’t even come out of his home for an open debate.”
- Starvation deaths in Delhi: Congress, BJP lash out at Kejriwal govt
- AAP sit-in: People of Delhi victims, says Rahul Gandhi
- No end in sight to Delhi-Centre impasse; IAS officers come out in public, allege victimisation
- AAP-LG standoff: Kejriwal must first read Constitution for full statehood, says Sheila Dikshit
- AAP’s ‘jung’ with Lt Governor Anil Baijal: All your questions answered
- Swamy’s latest: Sack Kejriwal if he doesn’t say sorry to Girri over NDMC official’s murder row
BJP MP Manoj Tiwari also hit out at AAP for calling BJP a dharna party. “This government has been in the news for all the wrong reasons. All we want to know is if they have proof against Girri. If they do, they should come out with it,” he said.
BJP national secretary R P Singh said, “Kejriwal was lying when he said the SIT formed by the Centre to look into the ’84 anti-Sikh riots has done nothing. AAP even issued advertisements, asking people to come out with evidence in the 22 cases shortlisted by the SIT. He is playing politics because of the Punjab elections.”