A Bihar court on Friday again rejected the plea of Janata Dal-United (JD-U) legislator Manorama Devi who, along with her husband and son, was arrested in connection with the murder of teenager Aditya Sachdeva.
This is the second time when the Gaya district and session court has rejected her bail plea.
Manorma Devi’s lawyer Qaiser Serfuddin told reporters that he will now file a bail plea in the Patna high court.
“After Gaya court rejected the bail plea, we now have the option to file plea in the Patna high court for relief,” he said.
- Patna HC grants bail to Rocky Yadav in misbehaviour with police case
- Bihar road rage case: Rocky Yadav, two others sentenced to life imprisonment; father Bindi Yadav gets five-year for harbouring accused
- Aditya Sachdeva murder case: Rocky Yadav sentenced to life imprisonment, father Bindi Yadav gets five-year jail
- Charge sheet filed against Rocky Yadav in Aditya Sachdeva murder case
- Bihar court rejects bail plea of Rocky Yadav’s father
- Bihar youth killing: JD(U) suspends MLC Manorama Devi after son sent to jail
Last Tuesday the Gaya court refused to hear the bail plea of Manorama Devi and another court rejected the plea of her husband Bindi Yadav, a politician with well known criminal links.
The court had then asked the police to produce the case diary and its report.
The couple and their son Rocky Yadav, 30, were arrested in connection with the killing of Aditya Sachdeva, the son of a Gaya-based businessman.
Rocky Yadav, 30, allegedly killed teenager Aditya Sachdeva on May 7 on Bodh Gaya-Gaya road for overtaking his car.
Rocky absconded after the murder, allegedly with the help of his parents.
Manorama Devi, who is a JD-U member of the legislative council, and her husband’s arms licences have been cancelled.
Following the public outcry over Aditya Sachdeva’s murder, the ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) suspended Manorama’s membership.
The teenager’s family has demanded a CBI probe into the case and a speedy trial of the accused.