Newly elected leader of BSP Legislature Party Gaya Charan Dinkar was on Monday formally recognised as the Leader of the Opposition in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly.
A letter to this effect was handed over to Dinkar by the Assembly Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey.
Leader of the Opposition in the Legislative Council Naseemuddin Siddiqui and Rajya Sabha member Satish Misra were present in the Speaker’s chamber when the letter was given.
- Gaya Charan Dinkar takes charge as LoP in Uttar Pradesh Assembly
- BSP elects Dalit MLA to replace Maurya as LoP
- Mayawati calls Maurya traitor, he seeks white paper on money taken from poll aspirants
- Mayawati says Swami Prasad Maurya disloyal, selfish; triggers war of words
- Mayawati picks House leaders,sparks talk of Rajya Sabha bid
- Mayawati picks House leaders,sparks talk of RS bid
Dinkar, an MLA from Naraini in Banda district, was on Saturday elected leader of BSP Legislature Party after Swami Prasad Maurya quit the party accusing party supremo Mayawati of “auctioning tickets” for the 2017 Assembly polls.
BSP, with 80 MLAs, is the largest opposition party in the 403-member Assembly and the post of LoP goes automatically to it.