A day after being allegedly gangraped by two local youths, a Class XI student committed suicide by hanging herself at her house in Pandri police station area in Mirzapur district on Friday morning. The victim’s mother was elected as Block Development Committee member in the recently held panchayat polls and the accused are brothers of her rival candidates.
A case has been filed against the accused Bindu (22) and Pappu (25) on charges of rape, abetment of suicide and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO). The duo was arrested and produced before the local court Saturday which sent them to judicial custody.
- Gujarat: Coup in BJP helps Congress wrest power in Dang panchayat
- Election for president, vice-president in panchayats: In talukas, Congress betters but with upsets
- Congress loses control of Bhavnagar panchayat after two members defect to BJP, retains three other
- Panchayat with woman sarpanch can’t get toilet for women built
- West Bengal panchayat polls: Rural poll aspirant accuses TMC leader of kidnapping her sons
- 1 dead,over 20 hurt in clashes after results