Two women Maoist cadres were killed in an encounter with the police in Maharashtra’s Etapalli tehsil of Gadchiroli district on Sunday evening.
- Gadchiroli encounter: Eight of 39 Maoists killed may be new recruits
- Gadchiroli: Naxal body count now 37, police laid an ambush, and waited
- Gadchiroli encounter: Naxal bodies found floating in river, death count now 37
- Maoist encounter: Gadchiroli police to search for more bodies
- Gadchiroli encounter: Six more Maoists confirmed dead, toll rises to 22
- Maharashtra: In biggest ever operation, police in Gadchiroli gun down 16 Maoists
”The encounter took place around 5 pm between our C-60 commandos and a joint formation of platoon 15 and the Kasansur dalam…near Chhattisgarh border,” said Inspector General of Police (Nagpur Range) Ravindra Kadam.
Along with two .303 guns, several shoulder bags carried by the rebels have been recovered from the spot. This is the first major success for the police in 2016.