More than a year after it started a probe into the multi-crore chit fund scam in Odisha, the CBI managed the first conviction .
A special court here sentenced Gouri Sankar Parida, MD of EShore Developers, to two years rigorous imprisonment and slapped a fine of Rs 72,000 .
“This is the first trial to be completed in the chit fund cases in which an accused has been convicted,” said a CBI official. Eshore Developers Ltd was registered in 2011 and had lured hundreds of depositors from Balasore district.
- After long delay, Manipur CM’s son can pay fine, says court
- CET scam: Court orders compensation for 50 students
- Fodder scam case: Fourteen years jail to animal husbandry department’s ex-director
- Fodder scam: Lalu Prasad Yadav gets 14-year jail term in Dumka treasury case; RJD, BJP cross swords
- Here are the four fodder scam cases in which RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav has been convicted
- Odisha: Chief of chit fund firm Artha Tatwa gets 7-year jail