The Art of Living (AOL) has submitted the final installment of its compensation amounting to Rs 4.75 crore for damage to the Yamuna floodplains during its World Culture Festival in March this year to the National Green Tribunal (NGT).
Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s Art of Living had deposited the compensation amount through demand draft to the DDA on June 3.
The NGT had earlier on March 9 refused to prohibit the World Culture Festival on the bank of Yamuna, but slapped a fine of Rs. 5 crore on the foundation for damaging biodiversity of the ecologically sensitive floodplains.
- NGT seeks Sri Sri’s reply on plea against him
- 5 crore becomes 5 per cent the day after Sri Sri Ravi Shankar says he won’t pay NGT fine
- PM Modi at World Culture Festival: When you look at a country through prism of art, you realise its internal strength
- Will go to jail but not pay a penny: Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on NGT fine
- Sri Sri Ravi Shankar event gets NGT nod, Art of Living fined Rs 5 crore
- Won’t damage Yamuna, will develop it into an eco-park: Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
The Art of Living had on May 10 issued a clarification over the notice issued by the NGT against Sri Sri Ravi Shankar for his alleged remarks against the green panel, saying the allegations against the spiritual leader were ‘completely false’ and based merely on ‘newspaper reports’.
The NGT notice was issued to the spiritual leader for his alleged remarks that the fine imposed by the green panel for organising an event on the banks of river Yamuna was politically motivated.