- Kerala floods LIVE updates: MLAs call out for help as PM Modi reaches state to take stock of situation
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee funeral Highlights: Former PM cremated with full state honours at Smriti Sthal
- Kerala floods: Chengannur MLA Saji Cherian breaks down on live TV, pleads with PM Modi for choppers
A POST from Union Minister Ram Shankar Katheria’s Facebook account on Tuesday drew huge criticism when it described Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh as the Jharkhand Chief Minister. A photo of Katheria, the Union Minister of State for HRD, performing yoga with Singh accompanied the post, which was edited four times in an hour after it received comments that asked Katheria to “improve his general knowledge”.
On Tuesday, Katheria, along with MoS Piyush Goyal, took part in International Yoga Day celebrations with Raman Singh in Raipur.
Within an hour of the event, the aforesaid picture was shared on Katheria’s Facebook account with the caption — “Jharkhand Mukhyamantri Raman Singh Ji, Kendriya Rajya Mantri Piyush Goel Ji ke Jharkhand me #yogadiwas manate hue Kendriya Rajya Mantri Ram Shankar Katheria (Jharkhand Chief Minister Raman Singh, Union Minister of State Piyush Goel and Union Minister of State Ram Shankar Katheria celebrating the International Yoga Day in Jharkhand)”.
The post was shared by dozens. While a few asked Katheria to correct his post, others asked him to take general knowledge classes.
- Government set to undo ‘dilution’ of SC/ST law by Supreme Court
- This isn’t Pakistan, Aligarh Muslim University must follow quotas: National SC panel
- Have given one month to AMU to prove minority status: NCSC chief
- Thrashed by BJP workers after land grab complaint: NSUI men
- Killers must disappear: Minister said, Rajnath Singh finds nothing wrong
- BJP MP Babu Lal defends hate speech against Muslims at VHP meet
Watch Video: What’s making news
The post was edited around 4 pm where the user corrected the place of event as Raipur and Raman Singh as the chief minister of Chhattisgarh.
While Katheria couldn’t be contacted despite repeated attempts, his spokesperson and BJP leader in Agra, Sharad Chauhan, said while Facebook account belonged to Katheria, “he does not run it”. Since the same post was shared by Chauhan too, he claimed: “Ek ladke ne ye post kar diya tha.”
Last year, Katheria had been news when he was seen doing yoga with his shoes on at a party programme at the Agra College ground.