A 21-year-old farmer was shot dead by three armed robbers when he resisted their robbery bid near Dandu Kheri village in Shamli district, police said on Thursday.
On Wednesday, Kuldeep and his brother were carrying diesel and fertilizers in a tractor-trolley when three people on a bike intercepted their vehicle and looted cash from them, SHO of Kandhla police station, Sahab Singh said.
- West Delhi robbery case: His son watching, jeweller shot dead during robbery bid
- Three dacoits killed in Aligarh encounter, says police
- Kidnapped from Barara, man found murdered near Derabassi
- Violence in Kasganj town after three of family killed in robbery
- Meerut: Two killed in robbery attempt
- UP encounters: Police claim accused tried to flee, family cries foul
As per Singh, the robbers shot Kuldeep when he resisted their robbery bid and he died on the spot.
The SHO further added that the accused escaped from the spot.
An investigation is underway in the matter, he said.