A software professional from Koorachundu in Kerala’s Kozhikode district, employed with the Civilian Registration Authority in Tripoli, Libya, since 2014, is reportedly missing for a week. His family fears Reji Joseph, 34, has been abducted by terrorists. Reji lives in the war-torn country with wife Sheeja, a nurse who works there, and three children.
According to Reji’s brother Jojo, he was at work on March 31 and had told his wife that he would be late. “When he failed to return even late night, Sheeja tried to contact him but found his mobile phone switched off,” Jojo said. “Sheeja has told us that the Indian mission (in Tripoli) had contacted his employer, who had assured that Reji would return on Tuesday morning. But there is no information so far.”
- Nearly 100 missing after migrant boat sinks near Libya: All you need to know
- Odisha woman’s ordeal ends, reunited with family after 12 years
- Regi Joseph, Indian techie abducted in Libya, released, tweets Sushma Swaraj
- Govt trying to secure release of techie abducted in Libya: Sushma Swaraj
- Desperate to return, Indian nurses in Libya call home
- After Iraq, concern over Kerala nurses in Libya
Reji had worked in Libya for three years from 2005, and left when the strife began. He returned to Tripoli with his family in 2014.
A week back, a Kerala nurse and her 18-month-old son were killed after a missile hit their house in Tripoli. A Catholic priest from Kerala is missing since last month, reportedly abducted by terrorists.