The Congress on Monday advised Prime Minister Narendra Modi to direct questions on “revisiting reservation” to his ideological mentor, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat.
- PM Modi visits Atal Bihari Vajpayee at AIIMS
- Chanakya 2018
- From disquiet to relief: Congress says Pranab Mukherjee showed RSS the mirror
- Surprise in Congress over Pranab Mukherjee’s visit to RSS
- ‘Congress-mukt Bharat’ is a political slogan: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- BJP distances itself from RSS supremo Mohan Bhagwat’s call for quota review
“The Prime Minister today, while speaking with regard to Dr. (Babasaheb Bhimrao) Ambedkar said certain things which are absolutely and clearly economical with the truth. He talked about not revisiting reservation. The question to the Prime Minister is who raised the issue of revisiting reservation? Was it raised by the Congress? Was it raised by anybody in the Opposition? The issue was raised by the secretary general of RSS Mohan Bhagwat,” said Congress spokesperson Manish Tiwari.
“So, the PM would be well advised if he directs these queries with regard to revisiting reservation to its or to their ideological mentor,” he added.
Bhagwat had earlier stirred a controversy by pitching for a review of the reservation policy.