- Asian Games 2018 Day 2 Live updates Live streaming: Deepak Kumar, Lakshay Sheoran win silver medal; Vinesh Phogat in gold medal match; Kabaddi team stunned by Korea
- India vs England 3rd Test Day 3, Live Cricket Score Streaming, Ind vs Eng Live Score: Virat Kohli, Cheteshwar Pujara take lead beyond 300 runs
- PM Modi writes to Imran Khan, hopes for 'peaceful engagement' with Pakistan
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who on Friday laid the foundation stone of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and revival of the fertilizer factory in Gorakhpur, said development of eastern parts of the country is essential for overall progress of India.
Addressing a rally in Gorakhpur later, Prime Minister Modi said the second green revolution should take place from eastern parts of Uttar Pradesh. “If we have to develop India, the chariot of development needs to run on two wheels- eastern and western India,” he said. He said urea black marketing has been stopped since his government came to power.
The Prime Minister also said it was sad to note that earlier urea was imported from abroad which was not acceptable to him. Stating it would be wrong to say that work of a factory which was closed for 26 years has been started because of him, Prime Minister Modi said, “If you had not voted for us then this work which was pending since 26 years still would have been pending. The credit goes solely to you as you are the ones who brought us to power and strengthened our hands.”
- PM Modi gives UP projects worth Rs 33,000 crore, flays SP, BSP for stalling development in state
- PM Modi relaunching my govt’s expressway project: Akhilesh Yadav
- Bigger AIIMS push in last four years than since Independence, says PM Modi
- PM Modi invoking Saint Kabir for political gains: Mayawati
- PM Narendra Modi to land at Lucknow airport due to heavy rain forecast for Gorakhpur
- Centre, AIIMS ink MoU to develop Banaras Hindu University medical college
Taking on the Opposition for their unwarranted criticism of the government, Prime Minister Modi said the debate on inflation is quite common in our nation, but there is no discussion on the important decisions taken by the government.
The establishment of the AIIMS in Gorakhpur will serve the dual purpose of providing super-specialty health care to the population while creating a large pool of doctors and health workers that can be available for primary and secondary level facilities being created under the National Health Mission.
The hospital, which will have a capacity of 750 beds, will also include emergency and AYUSH sections.