A day after Anti Corruption Branch (ACB) registered an FIR in the alleged Rs 400-crore water tanker scam, the Delhi BJP on Tuesday claimed the irregularities continued even during the Kejriwal government.
“Kejriwal government not only tried to save former chief minister Sheila Dikshit in the DJB water tanker scam but also permitted work by the same contractors who were working during her regime,” Delhi BJP president Satish Upadhyay alleged.
- Attempts being made to sabotage doorstep scheme, claims Delhi govt
- Kejriwal, AAP ‘anti-women’, harassing bureaucrats for speaking out against corruption: BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal government causing conflict on Supreme Court verdict on Delhi power tussle, says BJP
- Delhi Chief Minister vs L-G: A timeline of the tussle since Kejriwal took office
- BJP MLAS meet L-G Anil Baijal, ask for removal of minister Satyendar Jain
- Kejriwal asks BJP MLA about wife’s ‘role in pension scam’, he climbs on top of desk in protest
Leader of Opposition and party MLA Vijender Gupta, on whose complaint the ACB registered the FIR, claimed the “scam” was going on as the monthly payments to the contractors were being made and the government has not taken any action against any official or the “guilty” contractors.
He demanded the payments made to the contractors during the Kejriwal government be realised from Aam Aadmi Party.
The ACB registered a case on Monday in connection with the alleged scam linking Dikshit.
“The government sat on the fact-finding committee report for 11 months after it had been submitted in July 2015. The scam is continuing as no official or contractor has been punished and the monthly payments for supply of tanker water is going on,” Gupta claimed.
Attacking the AAP government for being “power hungry”, Upadhyay demanded Chief Minister Kejriwal’s resignation.
“In view of the tanker scam, appointment of Parliamentary secretaries and premium bus service scheme, Chief Minister Kejriwal has lost his right to be in power,” he added.