Anti-narcotics sleuths on Friday arrested two Nigerians and seized drugs worth Rs 2 crore from them in the national capital. A third Nigerian is on the run after he escaped during the raid conducted by the Narcotics Control Bureau in Uttam Nagar area, officials said.
“We have recovered 255 gms of Heroin, 166 gms of Amphetamine and 560 gms of Methaquolone and arrested Martins Akurasi (36) and Ude Okpani Ukegbu (31) after the operation. “The value of the seized drugs is estimated to be more than Rs 2 crore in the international market,” NCB Zonal Director (Delhi) Rohit Sharma said.
- Kolkata: Nigerian woman held at airport for ‘smuggling drugs in private parts’
- Death penalty for drug crimes: How the law changed over time
- Chandigarh: Two sentenced to ten-year-jail for possessing 3 kg charas
- Mohali: Nigerian woman held with one kg heroin
- Two Africans held with cocaine worth Rs 40 crore in Delhi
- Two Nigerians held in Delhi with drugs worth Rs 2 crore
The duo have been booked under sections of the Narcotic Drugs and Physchotropic Substances Act (NDPS) even as the NCB has invoked provisions of the Passport Act against them for allegedly possessing forged passports and international travel documents like visa.
“The action was carried out on the basis of a tip-off and it was found that the Nigerians were running the narcotics racket from their house in Uttam Nagar and supplying drugs to the party circuit in and around Delhi,” a senior NCB official said.