A day after she was shifted from the key HRD Ministry to Textiles, Smriti Irani on Wednesday said her efforts in the last two years had been to improve quality of education and thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for giving her the opportunity to serve the country.
She vowed to strengthen textile and apparel sector as part of her new assignment.
“In last 2 years, all initiatives of @HRDMinistry have been towards increasing learning outcomes for students and improving quality of education,” she said in a tweet.
In yesterday’s Union Cabinet expansion, Irani lost her Human Resources Development Ministry to Prakash Javadekar and was moved to the Textiles Ministry. Santosh Gangwar, Minister of State for Textiles, has been made MoS (Finance).
- Smriti Irani no more special invitee to NITI Aayog
- GST-related issues being seriously addressed, Smriti Irani tells Surat textile traders
- I&B Ministry snatched from Smriti Irani in Modi govt’s cabinet reshuffle: A look back at her controversial tenure
- Cabinet reshuffle: Smriti Irani removed as I&B minister, Piyush Goyal gets finance till Jaitley recovers
- Kuch toh log kahenge, logon ka kaam hai kehna: Smriti Irani
- Shifting Irani to Textile does not absolve her ‘crimes’: Kanhaiya on HRD re-shuffle
“I thank officials from @HRDMinistry for the consistent support in realising PM @narendramodi’s vision of ensuring quality education for all,” she said in another tweet.
WATCH VIDEO: Keystrokes – Smriti Irani Gets Textiles
“I thank PM @narendramodi ji for giving me the opportunity to serve the country earlier in the @HRDMinistry & now in the @TexMinIndia.”
Further, she congratulated Gangwar on the initiatives taken by the Textile Ministry. Last month, the government had approved a Rs 6,000-crore package for the textile and apparel sector.
“Congratulated @santoshgangwar ji for his contribution to @TexMinIndia & thanked him for assuring his support as I begin my new assignment,” she said. “Look forward to working with officials at @TexMinIndia for strengthening the very important Textile & Apparel Sector of our country.”