A 21-year-old Nigerian man allegedly killed his friend on Sunday night in Nalasopara, Palaghar district about 70 km away from Mumbai after an argument over Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi turned sour.
Michael Chukwuma, 21, used a shard of glass to attack his friend Obina Durumchukwu, 34, who was celebrating his birthday, following an argument over who the better player was — Ronaldo or Messi.
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Twitter abuzz as Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi exit on same day
- FIFA World Cup 2018, Iran vs Portugal: Mentor Carlos Querioz plots against ex-prodigy Cristiano Ronaldo
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Iceland’s ‘zombie film’ keeper outwits Lionel Messi spot kick
- Sunil Chhetri equals Lionel Messi’s tally of 64 international goals
- Unfair to compare me with ‘world stars’ Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, says Sunil Chhetri
- FIFA World Cup 2018: The greatest players to have never won the World Cup
“The two Nigerian youngsters were discussing football players. One is a fan of Messi and the other was for Ronaldo,” a police inspector said.
The victim threw a glass at Michael during the quarrel, which caused small injuries. Michael then used the broken glass to assault Obina, who died due to heavy bleeding.