A young couple were found dead on the railway tracks near the MHADA colony on Ramtekdi-Sasane Nagar road in Pune in the early hours of Saturday. Police have identified the deceased as Shubham Rajesh Chavan (21) and Ashwini Gopal Gavade (18), both residents of Shindevasti area in Hadapsar.
Police suspect the couple could have committed suicide since Shubham’s parents had planned his wedding with another girl. No suicide note has been found so far.
- Delhi: 17-year-old found hanging at police post, cops face action
- Senior citizen found dead at Cuffe Parade home, police suspect suicide
- Mumbai: Four of family found dead, cops suspect suicide
- Mumbai couple death: Cellphones missing, Rs 25k cash recovered, no evidence of foul play, say police
- Couple found dead inside car in Mulund
- Rajkot doctor found hanging in his home, police suspect suicide
The investigation so far has revealed that Shubham and Ashwini were neighbours and wanted to get married. Shubham left home around 10.30 pm on Friday and Ashwini left her residence without informing anybody, police said.
Their families started looking for them when the two did not return home till late night. Around 2 am on Saturday, the families lodged missing persons’ complaints.