- Janhvi Kapoor: I have done nothing to deserve this kind of attention
- India vs England 3rd ODI, Live Cricket Score Streaming, Ind vs Eng Live Score: England cruising in 257-run chase vs India
- India vs England 3rd ODI Live Cricket Streaming, Ind vs Eng Live Cricket Score: Watch Ind vs Eng Live Stream at Sony Liv, Sony Ten 3
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on July 6 accused Congress and AAP of inciting communal tension in the state ahead of the assembly polls next year.
“Congress has been a pursuer of the divide and rule policy and AAP is no exception. Because of their lust to capture power in the state, they are tying to incite communal passions,” he said told public meetings at Vihra and Fatehgarh Churian.
“Congress has a poor track record of fueling communal hatred for votes and now AAP is following suit,” Badal alleged.
He also alleged AAP was suffering from an “anti-Punjab syndrome” as it discontinued teaching of Punjabi language in schools in Delhi, did not observe a holiday on the occassion of Baisakhi, demolished a water kiosk outside Gurdwara Sisganj Sahib and submitted an affidavit in the apex court against the state on the SYL issue.
- My work for farmers giving Congress sleepless nights: PM Narendra Modi
- Modi to address ‘Kisan Kalyan’ rally in Punjab on July 11, ally SAD to ‘thank’ PM for MSP hike
- ‘Referendum 2020’: Sukhpal Khaira faces all-round fire; AAP snubs him, hints at action
- Run-up to Shahkot bye-election: SAD, AAP make ‘dirty’ Beas a poll plank
- Two AAP leaders join Shiromani Akali Dal ahead of Shahkot bypoll
- Known Laddi for long…man with clean heart: Punjab CM Amarinder Singh
He said his Delhi counterpart Arvind Kejriwal has “failed miserably” to deliver on the promises he made to the people in the national capital and was now trying to “befool” voters in Punjab.
Asked if Punjab was facing any terror threat, he said the state police was fully vigilant and capable of thwarting terror attacks.
The DGP of Punjab Police has been directed to enhance vigil in the state and his government was fully committed to protect the borders, he said.
Badal also urged the Centre to deploy more BSF personnel on Punjab’s border with Pakistan.
“Punjab share the international border with Pakistan. Concerted efforts must be made to strengthened security in the state,” he said.
Attacking Congress’ state unit chief Amarinder Singh, Badal said he harbours false hope of forming government in the state and is holding “darbars”.
In a reply to another query, the Chief Minister said the state government has started a major recruitment drive to fill up more than one lakh posts in its various departments.