Congress on Wednesday demanded arrest of Ravindra Chavan, a BJP MLA from Dombivali, who was purportedly seen in a video using analogy of pigs while talking about “uplift of the dalits.”
The remarks of Chavan showed the mindset of the ruling BJP, party spokesman P L Punia told reporters.He said it was “shameful” that the government as also the BJP have failed to react.
- Maharashtra: BJP MLA’s remarks over Shivaji Memorial spark protest, Opposition parties demand apology
- Maharashtra govt, opposition engage in war of words over Shivaji’s statue
- Rahul Gandhi says attack on Dalit boys in Maharashtra shows BJP, RSS ideologies must be opposed
- Maharashtra: Dalit boys beaten, paraded naked for swimming in well
- Congress to work for broader alliance of secular forces in Maharashtra: Ashok Chavan
- Bhima-Koregaon violence: Congress demands fair probe
Chavan had allegedly cited the example of Abraham Lincoln narrating a story where the US President picked up a “piglet” from a drain and cleaned it.
Punia, who also heads the National Commission for Scheduled Castes, said he has sought a report from the DGP, Maharashtra as also Commissioner of Police, Thane including the action taken in the matter.