A 19-year-old college student was bludgeoned to death with cement pavement blocks by a group of around 10 youths at a petrol pump in Chinchwad on Sunday afternoon.
Police suspect that a quarrel the victim had in college a couple of days ago could be the reason behind the crime.
The deceased, Vinayak Kailas Patole, was a resident of Dattana-gar in Chinchwad. Police said that he was booked in a case of murder in the past. According to them, he was a student of a local junior college and on Sunday afternoon, some people including some students from his college, had called him near the petrol pump.
- J&K: 16-year-old girl among three killed in Valley firing, police to probe
- Sherwood student from Punjab dies in ‘accidental firing’
- Wooing youth with plays, tutorials & music: For CPM, its student wing is a silver lining
- Kerala: SFI leader stabbed to death top Kochi college
- Mumbai boy drowns while taking selfie with friend at Marine Drive
- Gujarat engineer robbed of cash, cell phone at gunpoint
“When Patole came to the pump, the group of around 10 youths attacked him with cement pavement blocks. He bled a lot and we suspect that he died on the spot. The incident has been captured in CCTV. Surprisingly, a large number of people stood mute witness to the incident,” said an officer from Pimpri police station, which is not far from the spot where the incident took place.
The officer added, “Our primary probe suggests that the murder was the fallout of a quarrel Patole had with some other students in his college. Based on security cameras, we have identified some of the suspects who are college students. Soon, some arrests would be made.”