Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis sent a defamation notice to Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh Sunday, a day after the latter accused him of favouring a private sector bank where his wife Amruta Fadnavis works.
On March 18, Singh had tweeted: “SRA in Mumbai headed by CM of Maharashtra has officially asked all SRA developers to open accounts only in Worli branch of Axis Bank.” In the next tweet, he said, “Do you know why ? Mrs Fadnavis is the Vice President of Axis Bank ! A windfall for the Axis Bank a private Bank. Height of Nepotism !”
- BJP, Sena must contest jointly if Cong & NCP tie up, else will face losses: CM
- Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis visits Kripashankar Singh’s house as part of Ganesh festival
- Navi Mumbai: Retired High Court judge to probe land deal
- Maratha reservation stir picks up, CM Devendra Fadnavis checks with quota panel
- Congress alleges land scam in Navi Mumbai, targets CM Fadnavis
- Nepotism charge: Devendra Fadnavis sends defamation notice to Manikrao Thakre
The notice sent by Fadnavis rubbished the charges. It said that Axis Bank had been included for transactions both at the Centre and in the state, along with HDFC and ICICI, since the Congress-NCP regime.
The notice has asked Singh to tender an unconditional apology to Fadnavis within two weeks on his Twitter handle after the receipt of the notice.
The Chief Minister threatened to file a defamation case among other proceedings if Singh failed to comply.