Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Tuesday rued the fact that Uttar Pradesh has been trending on social networking sites for the wrong reasons and pinned hope on bloggers and travel writers to set the record straight.
“If we take count of past one week or 10 days… Uttar Pradesh has been trending… However, I expect that you will change the perception of the state,” Akhilesh told a conclave of travel writers and bloggers in Lucknow.
He said there are many people who do not like to tell others they come from UP.
“I have come across people, who would write NCR, Delhi on their visiting cards but not UP,” he added.
- Bungalow ‘damage’: Hate, jealousy behind allegations, says Akhilesh Yadav
- Bungalow row: Officials who used to ‘pick up cups and plates’ maligning my name, says Akhilesh Yadav
- Inside Akhilesh Yadav’s former bungalow: From ‘damaged’ pool to ‘missing’ bathroom fittings
- SP dares BJP to hold UP assembly and Lok Sabha polls together in 2019
- EVM glitches in SP, RLD strongholds dangerous trend for democracy, says Akhilesh Yadav
- Twitterati out to help Akhilesh Yadav who is ‘looking for a flat on rent in Lucknow’
Describing the role of travel writers in projecting UP globally, he said that the world knew that Taj Mahal was in India, but they “don’t understand that this marvel is located in UP”.
Akhilesh said that while people say that UP has given seven Prime Ministers to the country, he says, that “all those who want to become Prime Minister should come to Uttar Pradesh”. He said the state has a tradition of accepting people from outside.
In an apparent reference to the lynching in Dadri, and the ensuing politics, CM Akhilesh alleged that some forces were conspiring to defame his government and stall development in the state.
“They are raising issues and debates, which harm all sections of the society,” he said, adding that conspiracies of such forces need to be foiled.