One person was injured after an exchange of fire with the police at Dhod village in Jhajjar district. Five cows that he, along with his accomplices, was allegedly smuggling were recovered.
The injured was identified as Muaoodin, a resident of Alwar district who is currently admitted in civil hospital at Jhajjar.
As per the police, the incident occurred near Dhod village when the accused rammed a police jeep with their Bolero pickup and tried to overturn it. When the police tried to stop them they opened fire. One of the accused was injured as police retaliated. Five others managed to flee from the spot.
- Mohali: Car hits morning walkers, one killed, three injured
- Three held for attack on police team in Rampur village
- Two priests killed in Auraiya: Five arrested, hunt on for nine others, say police
- Gurgaon: Day after official shot dead on duty, raids begin, police identify accused
- Eight killed, three hurt in accident on Lucknow-Agra Expressway
- Man lynched, another beaten up in Alwar: The many cases of suspected ‘child lifters’ being lynched across India
Jhajjar SP Jashandeep Singh said, “The police was in hot pursuit after they rammed their Bolero into the police jeep. In the exchange of fire, one person was injured. He has been arrested. His statement will be recorded. After preliminary investigation we have found five cases of robbery, theft and cow smuggling are registered against Muaoodin. Further investigation in the case is on.”
He added that five cows that were in the Bolero were recovered.
There have been instances of cattle smuggling in the past as well in Haryana. An alleged cow smuggler was shot by the police in November last year near Thanesar in district Kurukshetra. Three persons were arrested last year for smuggling 71 buffalo calves in a container near Sultanpur in Ambala district.