AFTER Punjab Congress chief Capt Amarinder Singh snubbed strategist Prashant Kishor for “overstepping his turf”, the duo met in Delhi Saturday to iron out differences.
Capt had taken exception to Kishor meeting expelled party leaders Jagmeet Singh Brar and Bir Devinder Singh at CLP leader Charanjit Singh Channi’s residence in Amarinder’s absence. Amarinder had recommended the expulsion of both leaders on disciplinary grounds.
- Lambi constituency prepared for Amarinder rally
- Congress does not need an ally in Punjab: Capt, Jakhar tells party high command
- Withdrawal of cases from CBI: Did Amarinder discuss matter with Rajnath, asks Bir Devinder
- Behbal Kalan firing case: Amarinder Singh’s decision for CBI probe leaves party leaders disappointed
- Punjab CM Amarinder Singh orders annual drug test for all government employees
- Congress backs Capt Amarinder, says Kishor has ‘no role’ in party matters
After the meeting, Capt tweeted, “There is no question of difference of opinion between Prashantji and me on handling the state-of-affairs or the way forward in Punjab. We are all determined and doing everything that is needed to bring Congress government back in Punjab,” (sic).
Speaking to media, Capt said the turf issue has been “sorted out” and Kishor was told to concentrate on devising a strategy for the party and let him handle the disciplinary issues. Capt said that he had spoken with Channi Friday to find out whether it was his idea to placate the duo. Channi, according to Amarinder, had denied his involvement except that his house was used to ensure a smooth meeting.
Captain had also made it clear that as long as he was at the helm of affairs, the expelled duo would not be taken back in party’s fold. However, Brar, on twitter, denied having met Prashant.