CLAIMING that they have been booked on false charges, at least three of the accused in the Bulandshahr gangrape and dacoity case told a fast track court Tuesday that they wanted to undergo narco test to prove their innocence. The trio include main accused Saleem Bawaria and his associates Zubair and Sajid.
They were produced before the court in Bulandshahr after their police custody remand to CBI ended Tuesday.
Talking to The Indian Express, lawyer Manju Sharma, who has been deputed by the state government as defense lawyer for the three accused, confirmed that they have all pleaded for narco test. “The court has assured to look into their plea,” she added.
She further said that the CBI sleuths had reportedly recovered some slippers, mangalsutra and ring from the spot but could not produce the evidence in the court after which the hearing was fixed for Wednesday. “We will be forwarding a written plea for the narco test after going through the evidence produced by the CBI,” added Sharma.
Uttar Pradesh Police had arrested six accused in connection with the gangrape of a 45-year-old woman and her 14-year-old daughter by a highway in Bulandshahr on the intervening night of July 29 and 30.
The CBI took over the investigation into the case last week. The agency had registered a case last week and a team led by a DIG had begun the investigation. On Sunday, the CBI team reached Kannauj and conducted massive search at the possible hideouts of the accused in Rampur Binora village under Tirwa Kotwali police station of the district to collect details. they also reportedly interrogated Bawaria’s wife and few others.