Taking a cue from the Congress, AAP and the SAD, the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP), too has taken their campaign abroad to woo the NRIs ahead of the crucial 2017 assembly polls.
In this bid, BSP Punjab president Avtar Singh Karimpuri visited Vienna in Austria recently, where he had gone to pay tribute to Sant Ramananad of Dera Sach Khand Ballan, Jalandhar, who was killed in an attack at Vienna in 2009.
- After Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh’s fall, other deras in Doaba out to woo his followers
- Dera Ballan head not allowed to meet PM: Protests mount, effigies of Sampla, Modi burnt
- Chanarnjit Singh Channi visits Dera Sach Khand Ballan chief, says Dalits suffered under SAD-BJP
- Probe Vienna,Wisconsin shootouts: BSP to Centre
- Capt vists Dera Sachkhand,party terms it courtesy call
- Religion,or a prayer for identity
The programme was organised by the Dera Sach Ballan, the largest dera of Ravidassia community in Punjab. Addressing the NRIs there, Karimpuri said that Sant Ramamand was killed under a conspiracy to damage the social fabrication of Punjab and urged them to support the party in the 2017 Assembly polls. Taking a dig, he said that the BSP had earlier demanded that the case be further investigated by the NIA but previous government and now the BJP