A 13-year-old boy was today hit by a bullet allegedly fired from a victory procession organised to celebrate the win of Trinamool Congress candidate Hamidul Rahaman from Chopra Assembly constituency in Islampur area of the district.
“The incident happened at around 2 PM this afternoon when a stray bullet hit a boy, Gar Ali, who was standing at the roadside and watching the procession pass near his home. Some local residents have alleged that the bullet was fired
from the procession,” said a senior police officer.
- Delhi: Officer suffers two gunshot wounds in celebratory firing at party
- Bandra: Funeral of minor boy stopped for post mortem
- WB pre-rural poll violence: TMC strongman charged with murder
- ‘Internal Trinamool feud’ kills one in Kaliachak
- Kolkata: Kin of clash victim wonder why he was killed — ‘He was never into display of faith’
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad statue pulled down in Bengal, blame game on
The family members of Ali first rushed the boy to Islampur sub-division hospital, but was later on referred to North Bengal Medical College and Hospital for further treatment, the police said.
“We have not yet received any complaints, but an inquiry is on,” the officer added.