Unidentified persons hurled country-made bombs at two local libraries run by Congress at Peralassery and Thannada in the Kannur deistrict of Kerala early in the morning on June 19, police said.
Some furniture was damaged and windowpanes were shattered, they said.
- Kerala: CPI(M) describes attack on SFI members as ‘Taliban model’
- Kerala: Four CPI(M) workers, three BJP workers injured in clashes
- Antony, Pinarayi share stage, seek space for contrary views
- Only Left can keep BJP away in Kerala, people know they need us: CPM state chief Kodiyeri
- Blunder to give away RS seat, says Sudheeran
- CPI-M, BJP workers killed in political violence in northern Kerala
Police said they were yet to identify the miscreants and no arrests have been made so far.
However, local Congress activists alleged that CPI(M) was behind the attacks.
KPCC president V M Sudheeran condemned the attack.