- India vs Pakistan Live Cricket Score, Asia Cup 2018 Super Four Live Score Updates: India off to steady start in 238-run chase
- India vs Pakistan Asia Cup 2018 Super 4 Live Cricket score streaming: Watch IND vs PAK Match Live Stream on Hotstar, Airtel TV and JioTV
- India vs Pakistan Live Cricket Score Streaming Asia Cup 2018 Live Streaming: When and where to watch Ind vs Pak Live broadcast
BJP national vice-president and incharge Punjab and Chandigarh Prabhat Jha on Monday said the central government is playing the role of a mother to its countrymen.
He said this while addressing the state executive meeting of the city BJP unit, which was held under the chairmanship of Chandigarh party chief Sanjay Tandon at the newly constructed Babu Srichand Goyal Auditorium at the party office in Sector 33.
Jha said: “The present government is playing the role of a mother to its countrymen and giving them motherly care. The Narendra Modi-led government made several records such as laying of more than 4,800kms rail lines in only two years. Also, 400 railway stations have been handed over to industrialists for maintenance. The government has also planned to generate power by installing solar panels on railway coaches.”
- BJP National Executive meet: Amit Shah praises Assam NRC effort, stresses support to Citizenship Bill
- Madhya Pradesh: A state central to Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s political life
- New Vice-Chancellor of Punjab University prof Raj Kumar takes charge
- Ahead of polls, Punjab BJP to hold 2-day brainstorming session
- Prabhat Jha raps councillors for going against mayor: ‘Do not damage party image’
- Eying Punjab, Chandigarh BJP unit wants to do well in MC elections
Tandon said how the party has organised several programmes to aware people about the achievements of the BJP government and other various social welfare schemes.
Giving an example of a quick decision taken by the party, Tandon said during the visit of transport minister Nitin Gadkari to the city, when local MP Kirron Kher raised the issue of heavy traffic on the Tribune roundabout and demanded a flyover for smooth traffic, he immediately approved the proposal for the same.
Jha inaugurated the new hall, which was named after Babu Srichand Goyal, the first MP from Chandigarh. His family was also present on the occasion.
Pushpa Goyal, the wife of Babu Srichand Goyal, thanked Tandon for honouring the family by naming the auditorium after Goyal.
Tandon said naming the auditorium after Babu Srichand Goyal will surely boost the morale of party activists.
Tandon further said after the state executive meeting, district and mandal executive meeting will also be held in the next few days.
Mayor Arun Sood highlighted the achievements of his tenure and assured that more policies of public welfare will be framed.
A special edition of Kamal Samachar highlighting various activities from 2010 to 2016 was also distributed among party activists.
Party district presidents Brajeshwar Jaswal, Ravikan Sharma, Devi Singh, Shakti Prakash Devshali and Hukam Chand gave a brief report of the activities in their respective areas during the last six months.