- Xiaomi Poco F1 launch Live Updates: Poco F1 with 6.18-inch notched display, Snapdragon 845 unveiled
- Kerala floods LIVE updates: Chief Ministers Distress Relief Fund has received Rs 210 cr so far, says Thomas Isaac
- Asian Games 2018 Live Streaming Day 4 Live Score and Updates: Ankita Raina confirms medal; Indian hockey team dominating Hong Kong
Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra on Friday accused BJP of “shielding” former Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit in the alleged Rs 400-crore water tanker scam.
Vijender Gupta, Opposition leader in Delhi Assembly, termed Mishra’s allegation as “baseless” and sought to know why Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal had sat upon the report of a fact-finding panel formed by the Water Minister for 11 months.
Mishra claimed that there are some leaders in the BJP who want to “protect” Dikshit.
“BJP is shielding Sheila Dikshit in the water scam which runs into Rs 400 crore. We had registered three FIRs against her in corruption cases around one-and-a-half years ago, but why BJP is still silent on Anti-Corruption Branch’s inaction on those cases,” Mishra told reporters.
- ACB records Kapil Mishra’s statement in tanker scam
- Delhi water tanker scam: Kapil Mishra to record statement with ACB on May 11
- Delhi water tanker scam: ACB to record Kapil Mishra’s detailed statement
- Kapil Mishra ‘shares evidence’ against Arvind Kejriwal in Rs 400 crore scam
- What is Delhi ‘water tanker scam’?
- DJB water tanker ‘scam’: ACB team questions Sheila Dikshit
Responding to BJP’s demand to cancel the agreement with a company inked by the Sheila Dikshit government in 2012, the minister said the move would only affect water supply.
“Why does BJP want us to cancel this agreement? BJP alleges that Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal had sat on the fact-finding committee report for 11 months. I want to ask what proof BJP has against the Chief Minister?” he said.
“The Chief Minister and the Water Minister need to tell the people why they had sat on the report for 11 months. By levelling baseless allegation against BJP, the government wants to divert the people’s attention from the real issues,” Gupta said.