Sripad Deshpande, organising secretary of Puducherry state unit of BJP died of cardiac arrest on Sunday.
He was 49. He is survived by his wife and a 15-year-old daughter.
A release from BJP’s media wing said Deshpande was on his routine stroll in the precincts of residential quarters in JIPMER last night and suddenly developed chest pain.
- Centre, Lt Governor creating hurdles: Puducherry CM
- Mohan Bhagwat, other leaders to camp in Somnath for six days for RSS meet
- Centre ‘ignores’ Puducherry, ‘cripples’ its development
- Madras HC issues notice to MCI, JIPMER
- Puducherry: Three BJP MLAs nominated by Kiran Bedi denied entry into House, detained by police
- JIPMER MBBS 2018: Exam tomorrow, important instructions and rules
He was rushed to JIPMER hospital where he collapsed despite intensive treatment early Sunday morning.
Lieutenant Governor Kiran Bedi, former Chief Minister N Rangasamy, BJP’s local unit president V Saminathan, party’s in charge in Puducherry Mahesh Giri, MP and leaders of various wings of the party were among those who paid homage by placing wreaths on the body of the leader at his residence in JIPMER campus.
Deshpande had been appointed as the organising secretary of the Puducherry unit of the BJP last year.