Telangana BJP on Wednesday, launched a signature campaign at Dilsukh Nagar here against terrorism and demanded arrest of AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi who has been booked for sedition over his statement that he would extend legal aid to five persons arrested by NIA for allegedly being part of an IS module.
Telangana unit BJP president and MLA K Laxman and senior party leaders addressed the gathering in the area.
Sources said the party expects to collect one lakh signatures.
- Karnataka elections 2018: Asaduddin Owaisi’s AIMIM will not contest, to support JD(S)
- K Chandrashekar Rao can become a pivot against BJP and Congress in 2019 elections: Asaduddin Owaisi
- Asaduddin Owaisi booked for sedition over extending legal aid to alleged ISIS members
- Owaisi should be put under surveillance: Congress
- Complaint lodged against AIMIM chief Owaisi, BJP, JD(U) demand arrest
- Petition filed against AIMIM chief Owaisi for remarks on NIA youth
A case of sedition under section 124A of IPC was registered against the Hyderabad MP by Saroor Nagar police here on July 15 in a court referred matter following a private complaint filed by a practising advocate K Karuna Sagar.
Sagar had stated in his complaint that “the stand of Owaisi and his remarks is boosting the morale of anti-nationals and giving oxygen to terrorists”.
The NIA had arrested five persons and detained six others, including a techie, after conducting searches at different locations in the old city area last month.