- India vs England 3rd ODI Live Cricket Streaming, Ind vs Eng Live Cricket Score: Watch Ind vs Eng Live Stream at Sony Liv, Sony Ten 3
- India vs England 3rd ODI, Live Cricket Score Streaming, Ind vs Eng Live Score: India lose Hardik Pandya, struggle to get going
- Karenjit Kaur The Untold Story of Sunny Leone first impression
A day after arms and ammunition were seized from his office, Bachha Rai, principal of Bishun Rai Intermediate college in Vaishali district which is in the eye of a storm over the 10+2 toppers scam in Bihar was booked under Arms Act.
A case has been filed against him at Bhagwanpur police station under section 25 (1)(B) and section 26 of the Arms Act for illegal possession of weapon and ammunition at his office, Bhagwanpur police station in-charge Vikram Acharya said.
The Vaishali police will soon seek his remand for interrogation in connection with registration of the case against him under the Arms Act, he said.
- Bihar Board result 2018: Why BSEB hit headlines in past two years?
- Bihar topper scam: ED attaches assets worth Rs 4.53 crore of main accused
- 2016 Bihar toppers scam: ED attaches assets of main accused
- ED files money laundering case to probe Bihar toppers scam
- Bihar exam scam: SIT arrests ‘fake topper’ Ruby Rai’s father
- Bihar: Toppers’ scandal ‘kingpin’ Bachha Rai arrested
Watch Video: What’s making news
A Special Investigation Team (SIT) probing the scam had carried out raids at the college premises yesterday and recovered a country-made pistol and five cartridges from an almirah in the principal’s office, Acharya said.
Rai was arrested from near the college premise on June 11 in connection with the scam involving several students of his college, including Arts and Science topper Ruby Rai and and Saurabh Shrestha respectively.
The scandal surfaced following a video featuring the toppers went viral in which Ruby and Saurabh were seen giving ridiculous answers to questions on their subjects.