A country-made pistol and five live cartridges were Sunday seized from Bachha Rai’s office in Bishun Rai college which is at the centre of controversy in the toppers’ scandal in Bihar Intermediate examination, police said.
“A country-made pistol (manufactured in Munger) and five live cartridges were seized from Bachha Rai’s office at Bishun Rai College,” Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj told reporters.
The SSP is heading an SIT probing the toppers scandal.
- Bihar Board result 2018: Why BSEB hit headlines in past two years?
- 2016 Bihar toppers scam: ED attaches assets of main accused
- Bihar: Intermediate exam results of Bishun Rai College students withheld
- Bihar toppers scam: Accused Bachha Rai booked under Arms Act
- Bihar toppers scandal: Two more arrested
- Bihar: Toppers’ scandal ‘kingpin’ Bachha Rai arrested
Watch Video: What’s making news
The police team found the pistol and cartridges kept in an almirah at the college principal’s office, another
police source said.
Rai, the alleged kingpin in the toppers’ scandal, was arrested on June 11.
He is the secretary-cum-principal of Bishun Rai College in Vaishali district. Arts and Science toppers Ruby Rai and Saurabh Shrestha belonged to that college.
Police have arrested eight persons so far, including Rai, in this connection.
Former Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) Chairman Lalkeshwar Prasad Singh and his former MLC wife and ex-Principal of Ganga Devi College, Patna Usha Sinha are still absconding.