Three persons were killed and 10 others injured when a bus rammed into a stranded truck near Araria Sangram Chowk in Bihar’s Madhubani district early Saturday, a police officer said.
“The mishap occurred when the bus, on the way to Purnea from Patna, lost control and hit a truck standing on the roadside near Sangram Chowk,” Krishna Kant, SHO of Araria Police station, said.
- Uttar Pradesh: 17 killed, 24 injured as speeding bus overturns
- Uttar Pradesh: Private bus carrying labourers turns turtle in Mainpuri, 17 dead
- Uttar Pradesh: 7 killed in bus accident on Agra-Lucknow expressway
- Accidents on Pune-Solapur Highway: 2 sisters die after they fall out of bus that turned turtle near Bhigwan
- Bihar: 20 feared dead in Motihari bus accident, PM Modi expresses grief
- Gujarat: Ten killed, over 15 injured in tractor-luxury bus collision in Kutch
Watch Video: What’s making news
One Mohammad Hasim (46) from Saran and Rajeev Sharma (30) from Vaishali district died on the spot. The third one is yet to be identified, the SHO said.
The bodies have been sent to Sadar hospital for post-mortem while injured have been rushed to the Jhanjharpur PHC for treatment.
Driver of the bus managed to escape, he said.