A five-year-old boy from Bengaluru slipped into coma during surgery after he had injured two of his fingers on June 10.
The victim’s family accused hospital of negligence. His father Purushottam told ANI that the school authorities called him and informed that his son Lakshay had injured his two fingers and was taken to a hospital.
“The hospital authorities demanded Rs. 60,000 and said the surgery needs to be done in six hours,” he told ANI.
Bengaluru: It has been nine days & he is still in coma. The hospital didn’t call or even ask about my son: Victim’s father Purushottam
— ANI (@ANI_news) June 20, 2016
- ‘I decided to come to Punjab thinking I would earn… and live happily’, says rape victim’s father
- Mandsaur gangrape: Victim’s father wants death penalty for accused
- Madhya Pradesh: 8-year-old fights for life after gangrape, protests spread across Mandsaur
- Khanna: Four cops transferred for not providing medical help to accident victim
- Mumbai: Kin run out of money, paraplegic sweeper discharged from hospital
- Woman allegedly given blood of wrong group, family lodges case against Kolkata hospital
He also said that after the surgery, the doctors told him that his son Lakshay was suffering from a heart problem. “Before the surgery, my son was fine,” he added.
Further details are awaited.