The Kerala government on Friday ordered a crime branch probe against Vigilance SP R Sukesan who investigated the bar bribery scandal against former finance minister K M Mani.
- No evidence against K M Mani in bar bribery case: Vigilance Bureau
- Kerala bar bribery: Court orders further probe against KM Mani
- Bar bribery case: K M Mani corrupt in June, clean in July, probe report took U-turn
- Kerala CM Oommen Chandy ‘interfered’ in bar bribery probe
- Court jolt for Kerala govt: There’s proof against KM Mani
- Kerala Bar bribery case- Enough evidence to chargesheet Mani: Probe report
The decision was taken following a report from the Vigilance Chief that Sukesan had allegedly prompted bar owners’ association president Biju Ramesh to speak against the ministers. Ramesh would also face the probe.
Ramesh had submitted before the court a CD containing the conversation among bar hotel owners as evidence against Mani. Ramesh had also made reference to his long-term acquaintance with Sukesan. From Ramesh’s conversations with other bar owners Vigilance chief N Sanker Reddy doubted whether Sukesan was conspiring with the bar owners to fabricate evidence in the case.